Impacting the lives of people affected by violence and abuse
Balay Banaag is located in Davao City and has been in operation since 2010. Balay Banaag is a residential centre that provides care and support for the female children of prostitutes. There are currently ten girls in the care of Balay Banaag aged between 6 and 18 years old. Most of the children do not know who their father is and many have suffered physical and emotional abuse because of their upbringing.
Balay Banaag undertakes five key activities that contribute to strengthen the rights and future of the female children of prostitutes:
- Facilitate formal elementary and high school education for the Balay Banaag children
- Provide psychosocial counselling and values formation for the Balay Banaag children
- Conduct skills training for the Balay Banaag and community children
- Conduct parenting classrooms in the community
- Collaborate with government agencies, schools and other organisations for resource mobilization
AMS would like to thank Mary Ward International Australia for their co-funding of this project. However, more needs to be done and so your donation will help protect women and children from violence and abuse. Help us support the future of these girls.