We believe that education provides the best catalyst for building brighter futures for vulnerable young people and their communities.
Below are some of the initiatives we hope to achieve with your support in 2021:
1. ACCESS FOR ALL
Access to quality education for vulnerable children and young people
- Providing computer classes for vulnerable young people in Uai-Lili, Timor-Leste
- Investing in the education of young Burmese migrants in Thailand
2. FACILITIES FOR THE FUTURE
Investing in infrastructure to ensure safe places for learning
- Installing water tanks to improve hygiene and sanitation in Bougainville
- Building toilet blocks and communal spaces for a school impacted by climate change in Kiribati.
3. RESILIENCE AND READINESS
Supporting community development activities that prepare vulnerable young people to engage with education
- Provide care and support for the girl children of females working in prostitution in the Philippines.
- Empower and build the life skills and literacy of young people with a disability in Bangladesh.
We know that the current COVID-19 pandemic has increased the level of vulnerability for all our partner communities across the Asia and Pacific region. At AMS, we believe education is the most powerful catalyst for hope and wellbeing and that the long-term recovery of communities from the current challenges requires a continued investment in quality and education for all.
This Christmas, we are asking those who have the capacity to give to help us plant seeds of hope to ensure that safe learning environments are ready and learning can continue as quickly as possible for vulnerable children and young people in our region.
Donate and be part of our story of hope. All donations over $2.00 are tax deductible.